Vistas de página en total

martes, 1 de febrero de 2011

Grammar spot: PERFECT TENSES

USES OF PRESENT PERFECT

We use this verb tense to talk about things that took place:

- during a period that includes past and present: They've been waiting for us an hour.

- in the past, but we're not saying exactly when: Don't tell me he's bought another new car!

- in the past with an effect or result in the present: I'm afraid I've forgotten my key

- with the time adverb "just" meaning " a short time ago": She's just gone out.

USES OF PAST PERFECT

- before something else in the past: I took the decision after I had spoken to John.

- during a period before an event in the past: All day I'd been feeling nervous but the feeling vanished.

USES OF FUTURE PERFECT

- something that will be finished before a specified time in the future: I'll have signed nearly 100 letters.

CHECK YOUR GRAMMAR!

Correct these sentences:
1. It's the third time he missed a meeting.
2. As soon as he will finish, he's going home.
3. This is the best lasagne I eve have.
4. Since we've Known each other, he always shows impeccable manners.
5. Since I've met her, I've never seen her lose her temper.

ANSWERS:
1.he has missed
2.he has finished/ he finishes
3.I've ever had
4.he has always shown
5.Since I met her

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario