Vistas de página en total

jueves, 20 de enero de 2011

Grammar spot : What do you look like?

When describing someone's physical appearances we must bear in mind a few words concerning physical descripton. Every question has its answer as follows:

What do you look like? (Cómo eres?)
I am tall and thin. / I am short and fat
How tall are you? / What height are you?
I am 5.8 feet tall / I'm one metre seventy tall
How much do you weigh?/ What do you weigh?
65 kg
What color are your eyes?
My eyes are blue color
I have long brunette hair  (pelo largo castaño) / straight hair (pelo liso) / curly hair (rizado) /crew-cut hair (pelo rapado) / pony tail (cola) / bun (moño) / plaits (trenzas)
To lose weight (perder peso) / to slim (adelgazar)
To put on weight (ganar peso) / to get fat (engordar)
To gain height (ganar altura) / to lose height (perder altura)

What are you like? <== To ask about personality
I am a shy person (soy una persona tímida) / I'm an extrovert person (extrovertido)

How would you describe yourself? <== This question could refer to both - as it is explained above - and could prevent you from making a mistake when it is not that clear.

5 comentarios:

  1. Me ha sido muy útil tu publicación. Muchas gracias

    ResponderEliminar

  2. my best friend, she's rude, she's crazy, she has a lot of brown hair, she screams very often, she's short of stature, black eyes, she's pretty, she's not friendly, she's not overweight, she bites very hard, she's not very talkative.


    I am not very serious, I am not at all attractive, black hair, brown eyes, I am educated, a little aggressive, I am not overweight, I am extroverted,

    ResponderEliminar